UPDATE: Child found at scene of mother's homicide | News
UPDATE (10 p.m. Saturday)-- Grand Rapids police say the victim is 20-year-old Evevana Monique-Marie Galloway.
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)- Grand Rapids police are investigating the homicide of a young mother.
Neighbors at Walnut Grove Apartments contacted police about the death of a tenant around 4 p.m. Saturday. When officers arrived at the unit, located in 700 block of Dorchester Avenue SE, they found the body of a 20-year-old woman inside. Officers say she suffered at least one gunshot wound.
The victim's three-year-old child was in the home at the time, but was not hurt.
So far, no arrests have been made in the case.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry