Cooking with Kal: Delicious Carrot Cake | News
Delicious Carrot Cake
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Vegetable Oil
4 large Eggs
3 cups raw Carrots-shredded
1 8oz. can Crushed Pineapple-drained
2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 cup Walnuts-chopped
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except the walnuts and mix well. Stir in the nuts and pour into a greased & floured 9x13 cake pan. You may also bake this cake in a bundt or tube pan using the same procedure.
DO NOT PREHEAT THE OVEN
Bake for 1 hour at 350. Cool on a rack before putting any frosting on the cake.
This cake is best served with a Cream Cheese Frosting or a Carmel Frosting.
Frosting I use:
8 oz Cream Cheese-softened
1 stick Butter-softened
1 teaspoon Vanilla
½ teaspoon Almond Flavoring
2 heaping cups Powdered Sugar
Mix all ingredients together until it is all smooth and spread on cake. For bundt or tube cake, spread on the top of the cake and just let it slide down the sides.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry