Grand Crossings Labor Day bridge walk | Community Spirit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
City of Grand Rapids plans “Grand Crossings,” a Bridge Walk on Labor Day
Monday, September 6, 2010, 8:00 a.m. , Ah-Nab-Awen Park
You don’t have to go all the way to the Mackinac Bridge to join the annual Labor Day Bridge Walk.
Join your neighbors, invite your friends. Participants can walk as many as five miles, the equivalent of the Mackinac Bridge, and cross as many as seven bridges. The route is wheelchair accessible and appropriate for all fitness levels. No sign-up is necessary. Please make sure you are physically able to participate. Mayor George K. Heartwell will lead the walk.
The City of Grand Rapids offers its own bridge walk on Labor Day, September 6, 2010, at 8:00 a.m., at Ah-Nab-Awen Park, near the corner of Pearl and Scribner, as part of the Active Michigan Summer initiative organized by the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness, Health and Sports.
Upcoming Events near Grand Rapids West
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry